Skip to main content

A Florida Based Company Has Created Headphones That Can Get You High On Music

There’s really no better feeling than being able to plug in your headphones and shut out the world. Headphones make long commutes less lonely, they provide relief from uninspiring conversation and probably make going to the gym suck a little less.
It’s safe to say that headphones have acquired ‘Prized Possession’ status and they’re a very, very important part of life.
So, music lovers, pay attention – a Florida-based tech startup, Nervana, has just upped the headphone game. At the recently held Las Vegas Consumers Electronics Show, the company unveiled the Nervana headphones that promise to get you high off of the music – both legally and literally.
While that seems like a tall order, the science behind these mood-enhancing headphones is actually pretty simple. The headphones are paired with a device called the generator which receives audio from your music device, generates electrical pulses that match the beat of the music, and sends the music and pulses to the headphones. These pulses then trigger the vagus nerve, via the inner ear canal, thereby prompting the release of feel-good hormones like dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin.
Dopamine is usually released in response to sex, exercise or smoking weed and leaves you with happy thoughts and good vibes!
Another cool feature of these headphones is the generator’s Ambient Mode. The generator has the power to analyze the sounds of your immediate environment and match the nerve simulation to it for a modified experience each time. This means that you could plug these in at a music concert and actually get high to the music, which basically changes everything.The nerve-stimulating headphones have been positioned as a lifestyle and wellness device, like the FitBit, and don’t need FDA approval. The only real roadblock on your path to Nervana is its price as the headphones will set you back by a cool $299. However, if that seems like a price you’d like to pay, the headphones has been up for pre-order since March and will be shipped starting late spring.
The company doesn’t want you to Nervana and drive at the same time, though. Nervana CEO Ami Brannon clarified that while there is no impairment to brain function, the official advice is to avoid driving for 30 minutes after use.
Here’s what a happy tester had to say about the headphones at the CES:
“I felt the electricity go into my arm, and everything was tingling there, but the best moment for me was afterwards when I finished and stood up. I felt like I reached a personal high point. I couldn’t stop smiling or laughing. I was like, ‘Oh wow.’ For about five minutes, my happiness level was a 10 out of 10. Then it got foggier, but I was still unusually happy for about an hour.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'My parents were disgusted at the sight of me when I got pregnant for Flavour' - Anna Banner opens up, admits she still loves the singer

Former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria and mother of one, Anna Banner, opened up about getting pregnant, having a baby and fighting for Flavour's love with another woman. Speaking to  Punch  about the moment she got pregnant, she said she was devastated and her parents couldn't bear to look at her for some time.. “I was demoralised. I was finished! I was frustrated! My parents were disgusted at my sight. It was my cross, so I had to carry it. I decided I was going to keep the baby even if I wasn’t married. It turned out to be the best decision I have made. I am not saying it is good to get pregnant at a young age and have a baby but whatever choices you make, you need to know there are consequences and you have to get ready to face the consequences. I was ready to face mine and I will not advise anybody to get pregnant at a young age. But if you get pregnant, abortion is not the next step.” Speaking about how fell in love and got pregnant for Flavour, Anna said; “...

Shocking! Suspected Yahoo Boy Arrested In Ilorin After He Released Maggot Instead of Sperm In A Lady’s Private Part

Wetin our eyes no go see for this country because of money? You see them with Plenty Blings on their Neck, looking fresh and Cruising Range Rover, Mercedes Benz, Porsche all around time. Most greedy and foolish ladies run after them and young boys wishing to be like them without thinking of what they do in the corner of their houses to get those ill gotten money. A News just got to us today that a 24 years old “ Lukmon Anifowoshe ” who resides in ilorin was arrested today after having Sex with a lady she carried from the club to spend the night with*Name Withheld* before the ugly incident happened. The Suspected Internet fraudster  released handful of Maggot into the ladies pussy instead of Sperm . Lukmon confirmed he was aware and the lady in question has been used and will die very soon. The heartless boy has been detained and will be charged to court as the lady in question struggle for her dear life. We’ll update you guys as soon as we have more info. ADVICE TO...

“You Must Be Stupid, You Are A Fool” – Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts Mr Eazi And Davido (Video)

Veteran Nigerian singer, Eedris Abdulkareem, has in a chat with GoldmyneTV blast singers Mr Eazi and DMW boss, Davido over their most controversial topics till date.. Recall, Mr Eazi had angered Nigerians and Nigerian artistes by saying they are copying his Ghanaian music style, while Davido drew blood after dissing Veteran publisher Dele Momodu during his end of year baby mama drama and Dubai trip. Now, weighing in on the dramas, Eedris has slammed both singers.. He said; “You must be a stupid man, you are a fool.. Number 1 you sound like Ghanaians, that’s why you are accepted that means you are not original but because its an Africans music it means you will be accepted.. Who are you to say a thing like that, that’s pride.. Same thing happened to Davido, dissing Dele Momodu, Dele Momodu made you all what you, they fought for the industry at the same time went into the politics.. If you are think you are very smart and think you have something, work on the street wit...