Skip to main content

Father Of Boy Who Was Shot Dead In Owerri Narrates His Ordeal


There is a solid demand for justice by the general public over the unprecedented demise of a minor who was hit by a stray bullet during the demolition of a market place in the South-east.
The father to the 10-year-old boy who was shot dead yesterday after being hit by a stray bullet from security operatives during the demolition of populaEke-Ukwu market in Owerri, Imo state capital, has narrated his ordeal.
The bereaved father was in tears at his No. 9 Oguamanam Street residence close to the demolished market.
His words:
“I told my little son to come and assist me remove my goods from the shop before the people demolishing the market got to the place.
“When we were crossing the road we all raised our hands up but these soldiers just drove by and opened fire and shot my son in the head. The bullet hit him in the eye and came out from the back of his head and he fell and died.
“I want justice. I don’t want the killers of my son to go unpunished. He was just a little boy, he was not armed. I don’t know if I can bear this”
 See more photos:-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I’m Proud of You” – Peace Hyde says to self after Appointment as Forbes Africa Head of Digital Media & Partnerships

Congratulations are in order for media personality and business journalist  Peace Hyde  as she has been appointed as the Head of Digital Media and Strategic Partnerships for  Forbes Africa . Hyde, who is currently the West Africa correspondent for the business publication, will be heading the recently launched  www.forbesafrica.com  platform. Following the appointment, Hyde  shared this inspiring note to herself on her Instagram: Dear Self, I know you struggle sometimes but in case I don’t tell you enough, I’m PROUD OF YOU. Thank you for being so strong and transparent, people see your heart even when you feel like it is invisible. Thank you for never being afraid to DREAM and trust GOD’S PROCESS in your life. You are always trying to be the best YOU can be, and although you get discouraged at times you TRUST God has your back and will not allow you to FAIL. I appreciate your heart and your stubbornness. Your WILLINGNESS to love and sta...