Skip to main content

'We're happy with our decision' - Groom with the viral 'No Reception' wedding invitation speaks

 'We're happy with our decision' - Groom with the viral 'No Reception' wedding invitation speaksRemember the wedding invitation that went viral this past weekend with the 'No Reception' tag? The groom has reacted. According to Adewale Yusuf, who is a tech guru, 'so the weekend was full of drama as our wedding IV trended because of our #NoReception decision. I'm glad my wife is laughing about it now, because it wasn't funny over the weekend. Thanks to everyone that insulted or defended us, we're happy with our decision'. 
 In another post, he however explained how he was tricked to a reception by his colleagues. My wife and I had decided to not have a reception party after our wedding. Just church service, nothing big. But, on the day of the event after we had taken our pictures, I was tricked to the office by my mentors and to my surprise my team and friends had planned a surprise reception party for us.
I have never been that surprised in my entire life. I was so shocked, that it took me hours to recover fully. One of the most heartwarming thing was that the team members who have moved on from the company, contributed towards the reception, as well. The post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FG directs National Broadcasting Commission NBC to sanction stations that broadcast hate speeches

The Federal Government has directed the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to sanction any radio or television station that broadcasts hate speech, as part of efforts to stem the growing tide of hate speech in the country. Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, issued the directive in Abuja today Thursday, August 24th at the 3rd Annual Lecture Series of the NBC, which also coincides with the 25th Anniversary of the Commission. "As a matter of fact, the challenges facing the NBC have never become more daunting, considering the increasing propensity of some radio and television stations across the country to turn over their platforms to the purveyors of hate speech. It is the responsibility of the NBC to put these broadcast stations in check before they set the country on fire. As the NBC celebrates what is a milestone - a quarter of a century - in its existence, I urge the Commission to redouble its efforts in discharging its mandate. The NBC must ensure a s...

Hush Puppi Narrates his Experience Last Night on his way to Watch Conor vs Mayweather

Popular Nigerian millionaire based in Malaysia Hushpuppi needs no introduction. The young chap whom many do not know the main source of his wealth shares inspired story of his primary school life of Instagram He wrote: “So my friend came to pick me up so we can go watch the MayWeather-Conor fight, That’s how the driver was opening rolls royce door for me anyhow back and forth as we make stops, so there was this point I just got into the car and started laughing out loud and my friend asked me what was funny, I looked at him and got laughing more, I said to him, for whatever reason I don’t know why my mind flashed back to when me and my younger brother used to close from primary school and will walk to the nearest bustop with our torn school uniforms and be asking people in buses, bros or auntie please lap me. Most of the times we and my brother would reach home separately then my friend looked at me and said what’s funny about that then I looked at him and said, now I can affor...

Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market Next Year, Here’s The Details You Need To Know

Malik Ado-Ibrahim, who was the first African to lead the Formula 1 Team global race car competition in 1999, has revealed plans for his automobile company to introduce electric cars into Nigerian market in 2018. Nigus Enfinity, an indigenous firm, says it will introduce electric vehicles into the Nigerian automobile market in 2018 and that its local assembly plant for electric vehicles will be ready in 2020. Malik Ado-Ibrahim, chairman of the company, made this known to journalists in an interactive session which held in Abuja on Thursday. Ado-Ibrahim said several countries across the world have set targets for the ban of petrol-fuelled vehicles with India targeting 2030, and the United Kingdom, 2040. He said Nigeria and Africa need to look inward to be at the fore of the automotive revolution or risk becoming waste bin for banned vehicles from other countries. Ado-Ibrahim, who was the first African to lead the Formula 1 Team global race car competition in 1999, said his f...