Skip to main content

27-year-old Nigerian marries 72-year-old British granny — and is denied visa


Angela Nwachukwu and CJ | TheCable.ng
Angela Nwachukwu, a 72-year-old Briton tied the knot with her Nigerian husband, 27, in April 2015, but ever since, the United Kingdom immigration has put them apart.
CJ Nwachukwu, a computer engineer who resides in Owerri, Imo state, was recently denied a UK visa for the second time.
The duo came across each other on Facebook, after CJ added her as a friend. Angela’s trip to Nigeria for the wedding was the first time they met.
She told The Sun that she has spent £20,000 on trips to Nigeria and trying to get him into the UK.
“After the wedding, I found it hard leaving CJ. I knew I’d see him again soon but my family visa application was rejected,” she said.
“I was so determined to get him a visa I hired lawyers to fight for us. I’ve since visited him twice.
“We’ve spent a combined £20,000 trying to see each other. I’ve used my savings and he has gradually paid me back half.”
In spite of their inability to live together in the same time zone, Angela believes they “belong together”.
“He makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. I know in my heart we belong together and we won’t stop fighting until we can be together as husband and wife. We won’t let this break us,” she said.
“I was so taken aback when he asked me to marry him. I thought he was joking. But he told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.
“Of course, I said yes. He was beaming at me with such a big smile on his face. Knowing I made him that happy was all the reassurance I needed. There was such an amazing chemistry between us.”
The couple’s last resort is that he will be allowed to travel to the UK in 2018 on a student visa.
“Our only hope now is that CJ will be allowed to come next year on a student visa to study his Masters in computing,” said Angela.
“I’m hoping to go to Africa later this year to visit him and I’m counting down the days until I can see him again.”
CJ is six years younger than her eldest child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“You Must Be Stupid, You Are A Fool” – Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts Mr Eazi And Davido (Video)

Veteran Nigerian singer, Eedris Abdulkareem, has in a chat with GoldmyneTV blast singers Mr Eazi and DMW boss, Davido over their most controversial topics till date.. Recall, Mr Eazi had angered Nigerians and Nigerian artistes by saying they are copying his Ghanaian music style, while Davido drew blood after dissing Veteran publisher Dele Momodu during his end of year baby mama drama and Dubai trip. Now, weighing in on the dramas, Eedris has slammed both singers.. He said; “You must be a stupid man, you are a fool.. Number 1 you sound like Ghanaians, that’s why you are accepted that means you are not original but because its an Africans music it means you will be accepted.. Who are you to say a thing like that, that’s pride.. Same thing happened to Davido, dissing Dele Momodu, Dele Momodu made you all what you, they fought for the industry at the same time went into the politics.. If you are think you are very smart and think you have something, work on the street wit...

FG And ASUU Meet Today To Resolve Strike

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, will on Tuesday (today) meet with the President and executive members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities in Abuja to resolve the lingering strike by the union. A statement from Deputy Director (Press), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Samuel Olowookere, on Monday night, said the government delegation at the meeting would include the ministers of Education and Finance, Chairman, National Income Salaries and Wages Commission, Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission and the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress. Our correspondent had on Monday reported exclusively that the Federal Government would meet with ASUU leadership this week to resolve the strike which had paralysed academic activities in public universities across the country. The union leaders were expected to brief the government delegation on the resolutions reached on the offers made by the Federal Government during the last meeti...

I can’t tell if heads will roll- Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo speaks on SGF/NIA probe

Shortly after submitting the report from the investigation committee on the allegations of fraud leveled against suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation SGF, Babachir Lawal and the Director General of the National Intelligence Agency NIA, Ayo Oke, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who chaired the committee, spoke with state house correspondents. He refused to give any information regarding the suggestions made by the committee, adding that he cannot tell if heads would roll following the recommendations the committee had made in the report. Babachir was investigated for the alleged irregular contracts he awarded while serving as chairman of the Presidential Initiative for the North East PINE while Oke was investigated for the large sum of foreign exchanged found in an apartment in Ikoyi which the NIA is laying claim to. Continue to read the transcribed question and answer session Osinbajo had with newsmen after submitting the report... Q: Your E...