Skip to main content

“I Dropped Out Of TASUED Because My Parents Couldn’t Pay My School Fees” – Olamide

Image result for olamide
Nigerian Singer/Rapper, Olamide Adedeji, popularly known as Olamide Badoo, has revealed that he dropped out of the university because his parents could not afford his school fees.
He disclosed that he was able to make it in life by discovering his talent and by an endless hard work. He also identified discipline, commitment and being focused as catalysts for achievements in life.
According to Punch, the ‘Wo’ crooner who was a special guest of honour at the Summer camp organised by the Ogun State government at Akin Ogunpoola Model College, Akinale in Ewekoro Local Government Area of the state on Friday, said he was determined to succeed in life against all odds, given the stark reality that his parents were poor, and were not able to pay his school fees at the higher institution.
He said:
“I am from Ogun State here, I do not joke with my culture and language, in fact, I came from a poor background. I had to drop out of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu Ode, when it was getting difficult for my parents to pay my school fees.
However with doggedness, perseverance and hard work I was able to find myself where I am today.”
He urged the pupils at the camp to always dare to be different and avoid unnecessary peer pressure.
Earlier in his brief introduction of the guest to the campers, the state Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, who was represented by the State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Otunba Dayo Adeneye, advised the young boys and girls to be diligent, hardworking and be consistent in whatever they do.
He also urged them to strive for the best in their academic pursuit.
While he told the youngsters to extend the knowledge gained at the camp to their kith and kins, the governor promised that his administration remained committed to the development of education

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'My parents were disgusted at the sight of me when I got pregnant for Flavour' - Anna Banner opens up, admits she still loves the singer

Former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria and mother of one, Anna Banner, opened up about getting pregnant, having a baby and fighting for Flavour's love with another woman. Speaking to  Punch  about the moment she got pregnant, she said she was devastated and her parents couldn't bear to look at her for some time.. “I was demoralised. I was finished! I was frustrated! My parents were disgusted at my sight. It was my cross, so I had to carry it. I decided I was going to keep the baby even if I wasn’t married. It turned out to be the best decision I have made. I am not saying it is good to get pregnant at a young age and have a baby but whatever choices you make, you need to know there are consequences and you have to get ready to face the consequences. I was ready to face mine and I will not advise anybody to get pregnant at a young age. But if you get pregnant, abortion is not the next step.” Speaking about how fell in love and got pregnant for Flavour, Anna said; “...

Shocking! Suspected Yahoo Boy Arrested In Ilorin After He Released Maggot Instead of Sperm In A Lady’s Private Part

Wetin our eyes no go see for this country because of money? You see them with Plenty Blings on their Neck, looking fresh and Cruising Range Rover, Mercedes Benz, Porsche all around time. Most greedy and foolish ladies run after them and young boys wishing to be like them without thinking of what they do in the corner of their houses to get those ill gotten money. A News just got to us today that a 24 years old “ Lukmon Anifowoshe ” who resides in ilorin was arrested today after having Sex with a lady she carried from the club to spend the night with*Name Withheld* before the ugly incident happened. The Suspected Internet fraudster  released handful of Maggot into the ladies pussy instead of Sperm . Lukmon confirmed he was aware and the lady in question has been used and will die very soon. The heartless boy has been detained and will be charged to court as the lady in question struggle for her dear life. We’ll update you guys as soon as we have more info. ADVICE TO...

“You Must Be Stupid, You Are A Fool” – Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts Mr Eazi And Davido (Video)

Veteran Nigerian singer, Eedris Abdulkareem, has in a chat with GoldmyneTV blast singers Mr Eazi and DMW boss, Davido over their most controversial topics till date.. Recall, Mr Eazi had angered Nigerians and Nigerian artistes by saying they are copying his Ghanaian music style, while Davido drew blood after dissing Veteran publisher Dele Momodu during his end of year baby mama drama and Dubai trip. Now, weighing in on the dramas, Eedris has slammed both singers.. He said; “You must be a stupid man, you are a fool.. Number 1 you sound like Ghanaians, that’s why you are accepted that means you are not original but because its an Africans music it means you will be accepted.. Who are you to say a thing like that, that’s pride.. Same thing happened to Davido, dissing Dele Momodu, Dele Momodu made you all what you, they fought for the industry at the same time went into the politics.. If you are think you are very smart and think you have something, work on the street wit...