Skip to main content

Hillary Clinton reveals she was so certain she'll win the US election that she bought a home next door to hers for secret service to live in



Hillary Clinton has revealed that she was so certain she would be elected president that she paid $1.6million for a home in her New York neighborhood so that Secret Service would have a place to live after she became president.
She told Jane Pauley during an appearance on CBS Sunday Morning over the weekend that she put down the money to purchase her neighbor's home back in August 2016 to make the transition easier when she is elected. 
She explained: "I know something about what it takes to move a president and I thought I was going to win."
Though she eventually lost the election just three months after she bought the property, Hillary said that she still very much enjoys her second home and even wrote parts of her new memoir 'What Happened' there. The memoir will be released on Tuesday. Pauley revealed on Sunday that Clinton wrote the book at the dining room table of her nearby second home, detailing her thoughts on the election she lost to President Donald Trump. 
The three-bedroom home sits on 1.5 acres of land and is just feet away from their own property. With that purchase, the Clintons were also able to establish their Old House Lane homes as a compound and close down the street to local traffic only, with their security detail checking all cars that travel down the road. 
The Democratic hopeful said of her prospects in the 2016 race: "I started the campaign knowing that I was going to have to work extra hard to make women and men feel comfortable with the idea of a woman president.
"It doesn't fit into the stereotype we all carry around in our head. And a lot of the sexism and misogyny was in service of these attitudes like: 'We really don't want a woman commander and chief.'"
Hillary also said during the interview that she will not be seeking elected office again.
"As an active politician, it's over," Hillary told Pauley. "I am done with being a candidate." 
Hillary will kick off her book tour tomorrow with a stop at Barnes & Noble in New York City's Union Square.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'My parents were disgusted at the sight of me when I got pregnant for Flavour' - Anna Banner opens up, admits she still loves the singer

Former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria and mother of one, Anna Banner, opened up about getting pregnant, having a baby and fighting for Flavour's love with another woman. Speaking to  Punch  about the moment she got pregnant, she said she was devastated and her parents couldn't bear to look at her for some time.. “I was demoralised. I was finished! I was frustrated! My parents were disgusted at my sight. It was my cross, so I had to carry it. I decided I was going to keep the baby even if I wasn’t married. It turned out to be the best decision I have made. I am not saying it is good to get pregnant at a young age and have a baby but whatever choices you make, you need to know there are consequences and you have to get ready to face the consequences. I was ready to face mine and I will not advise anybody to get pregnant at a young age. But if you get pregnant, abortion is not the next step.” Speaking about how fell in love and got pregnant for Flavour, Anna said; “...

Shocking! Suspected Yahoo Boy Arrested In Ilorin After He Released Maggot Instead of Sperm In A Lady’s Private Part

Wetin our eyes no go see for this country because of money? You see them with Plenty Blings on their Neck, looking fresh and Cruising Range Rover, Mercedes Benz, Porsche all around time. Most greedy and foolish ladies run after them and young boys wishing to be like them without thinking of what they do in the corner of their houses to get those ill gotten money. A News just got to us today that a 24 years old “ Lukmon Anifowoshe ” who resides in ilorin was arrested today after having Sex with a lady she carried from the club to spend the night with*Name Withheld* before the ugly incident happened. The Suspected Internet fraudster  released handful of Maggot into the ladies pussy instead of Sperm . Lukmon confirmed he was aware and the lady in question has been used and will die very soon. The heartless boy has been detained and will be charged to court as the lady in question struggle for her dear life. We’ll update you guys as soon as we have more info. ADVICE TO...

“You Must Be Stupid, You Are A Fool” – Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts Mr Eazi And Davido (Video)

Veteran Nigerian singer, Eedris Abdulkareem, has in a chat with GoldmyneTV blast singers Mr Eazi and DMW boss, Davido over their most controversial topics till date.. Recall, Mr Eazi had angered Nigerians and Nigerian artistes by saying they are copying his Ghanaian music style, while Davido drew blood after dissing Veteran publisher Dele Momodu during his end of year baby mama drama and Dubai trip. Now, weighing in on the dramas, Eedris has slammed both singers.. He said; “You must be a stupid man, you are a fool.. Number 1 you sound like Ghanaians, that’s why you are accepted that means you are not original but because its an Africans music it means you will be accepted.. Who are you to say a thing like that, that’s pride.. Same thing happened to Davido, dissing Dele Momodu, Dele Momodu made you all what you, they fought for the industry at the same time went into the politics.. If you are think you are very smart and think you have something, work on the street wit...